Founded in 2007, Koyama Press is a Toronto-based small press. Our mandate is to promote and support a wide range of emerging and established artists. Projects include comics, graphic novels, art books, and zines. We are known for our alternative edge and diverse range of titles that include a myriad of genres from autobiography to photography, from horror to humour, and more.
Koyama Press titles are distributed internationally by Consortium Book Sales and Distribution. They are available for purchase at finer comic book shops and book stores.
Please note that Koyama Press is currently not accepting submissions.
Annie Koyama, Publisher
Ed Kanerva, Marketing & Production Coordinator
Helen Koyama, Publishing & Administrative Assistant
Daniel Nishio, Publishing Intern
- FADER, April 2016
- Off Life, September/October 2014
- Asian American Writers’ Workshop, September 2014
- Off Life, July 2014
- Make It Then Tell Everybody, July 2014
- Comics for Grownups, Episode 32, February 2014
- The Artist as Entrepreneur, February 2014
- Open Book Toronto, May 2013
- Meanwhile… , January 2013
- TELL ME SOMETHING I DON’T KNOW, September 2012
- Comic Book Resources, November 2011
- Comix Claptrap, August 2011
- Annie Koyama Interview with Open Book Toronto, May 2011
- Design Feaster, February 2011
- Ministry of Artistic Affairs, November 2010
- Squidface and the Meddler, November 2010
- Avoid the Future, August 2010
- Sequential, August 2010
- CAROUSEL, July 2010
KICKASS ANNIE PROJECT
Featuring different artist interpretations of the Koyama Press Kickass Annie logo. The original Kickass Annie logo was created for Koyama Press by artist Aaron Leighton; the animated GIF was designed by David Huyck.
Check out the whole set on Flickr here.
Click here to download the Koyama Press catalogue.
Koyama Press gratefully acknowledges the Canada Council for the Arts, the Ontario Arts Council and Ontario Media Development Corporation for their support of our publishing program.