Koyama Press was founded in 2007 to sponsor projects with emerging artists.
The rationale behind the enterprise is to fund projects with the intention to promote emerging artists. Ideally there will be a product to sell to create revenue. In addition to publishing books, the company has financed such diverse projects as zines, comics, artist designed t-shirts, installations, photo montage work, print folios, letterpress cards.
The venture has covered travel costs, reference materials, art supplies and the odd lunch.
You can contact us here.
Please note that Koyama Press is currently not accepting submissions.
- Comic Book Resources, November 2011
- Comix Claptrap, August 2011
- Annie Koyama Interview with Open Book Toronto, May 2011
- Design Feaster, February 2011
- Ministry of Artistic Affairs, November 2010
- Squidface and the Meddler, November 2010
- Avoid the Future, August 2010
- Sequential, August 2010
Kick Ass Annie Project
Featuring different artist interpretations of the Koyama Press Kick Ass Annie logo. The original Kick Ass Annie logo was created for Koyama Press by artist Aaron Leighton.
>> Check out the whole set on Flickr here.